At UAL we are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job at UAL.
Who are we?
United Automation Ltd is one of the UK’s leading Designers and Manufacturers of Industrial Electronic Power Control Products. We have achieved success through our advanced technical strengths and quality products which has resulted in the company celebrating 53 years of business.
Boasting a product range of over 400 products, our standard product range covers the majority of power control applications. However, where the customer has specific requirements we can provide specific design solutions. Our products are sold into a wide variety of industry sectors and market segments, including end users, distributors, contractors and OEMs, across more than 88 countries.
UAL is the data controller and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and UAL.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly in the performance of direct sales, direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working within our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide and manage your Account
- To send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- To send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- To perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- To provide you with content and venue details on a webinar or event you signed up for.
- In response to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on one of our UAL websites (e.g. to download a whitepaper).
- To follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- To provide access to our Customer Support or the UAL website.
- To perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar.
- To notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
- To Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
- To Process a job application.
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between UAL and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of birth
- Business/company name
- Job title
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers
- IP address
- Web browser types and versions
- Operating systems
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
- referring search engines / sites
- search key phrases / keywords
- traffic patterns;
- Personal data contained in CVs you have submitted to us;
- Site visitation tracking – We use Google Analytics to track user interaction. This includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details time zones settings and other technology on the device you use to access our website. Disabling cookies will stop Google Analytics from tracking your site. We do not collect information about which individual people have visited or accessed our website
UAL does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that UAL holds.
- The right to request that UAL corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date. ◦If you are a customer or partner and you have registered a profile on our website, you may update your user profile by logging into our website and selecting “Edit Profile”.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for UAL to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications: ◦If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from UAL, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that UAL provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
UAL reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact email@example.com.
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision. The supervisory authorities can be contacted at: